The three-story Humber-White House was erected in 1874 by two sisters, Phoebe and Barbara Lindrum, who’d moved from upstate New York to open a dress shop in Milledgeville. (The house should actually be called the Lindrum- Humber-White House.) The Georgia College Foundation acquired the property in 1990. After a superb renovation, the house became the home of the Center for Georgia Studies and the Department of History & Geography.
The Humber-White House now serves as the home to the GC Honors College.
Dr. Bob Wilson, University Historian