Kilpatrick Education Center was dedicated in 1977. Located on West Montgomery Street, it houses the John H. Lounsbury College of Education. The building's east wing is dominated by a beautiful atrium, and its west wing was formerly the Peabody Teacher Training Building (1939). William Heard Kilpatrick (1871-1965) was a Georgian who taught at Columbia Teachers College, and was one of the nation's leading exponents of the ideas of Pestalozzi and John Dewey.
By Dr. Bob Wilson, University Historian