The Milledgeville/Baldwin County Oral History Project provides the perfect service-learning opportunity for classes of all levels and subject matters. Check out our listing of Georgia Performance Standards this project meets (left-hand column)!
Classes may interview their parents, relatives, neighbors, and community members about their life. Special Collections staff can visit classes and discuss the importance of oral histories and also provide training (for all ages) about conducting oral histories. Equipment may be loaned to classes for interview purposes. Classes may do interviews indiviudally, in small groups, or as a class!
If you are interested in participating in the Milledgeville/Baldwin County Histroy Project as an indiviudal, as a class, or as a group, please use these steps as a guideline:
1. To set up an oral history interview or to organize a class or group project, please contact Kate Pope at email@example.com or (478) 445-0098.
2. To check out equipment to conduct your own oral history interview, please contact Tommy Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Before interviewing, check equipment and create a list of questions or use sample questions to guide interview.
4. Have the person interviewed sign the Special Collections Oral History Release Form.
5. Conduct interview.
6. Submit interview and release form to:
320 Wayne Street
Milledgeville GA, 31061