Off Campus Services
The Georgia College Library is committed to getting you the library resources you need. The library provides access to thousands of books and journal articles online. If what you need is not available online, you can request it, and it will be sent to you.
If you have any questions about research or library services, you can contact us through our ASK‐A‐LIBRARIAN service during the hours the Reference Desk is open.
- Call the Librarian at the Research Desk. (478) 445‐0979.
- Email the Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can email at any time, but the Librarian can only respond during reference desk hours.
- IM the Librarian using the interface on the ASK‐A‐LIBRARIAN or Library home page. Please give the librarian a few minutes to answer as he or she may be away from the desk helping another student.
Off-campus faculty and students have access to library materials using either of two identifying numbers:
- Institutional ID number
All Faculty and Students are given an Institutional ID number. These numbers start with 911...
- Barcode number
This number is on the back of the BobCat Card (GCID) and starts with the numbers 204...
To use your Barcode number, you will have to get it activated in the library's system. You can do this by calling the Circulation Desk at (478)445-4047. You can also email them at circ.gcsu.edu).
An Institutional ID or active Barcode number allows you to:
- Access your library account to see which items you have checked out, when they are due, and how to renew them.
- Request books using GIL Express
- Find the current GALILEO password
- Use the Library's Interlibrary Loan service to request books, articles, media, etc. that are not available online or through GIL Express.