GIL Express allows borrowing of books from any University System of Georgia library. Books ordered through GIL Express usually arrive within 3-4 business days. When materials are processed and ready for pickup, an e-mail is sent to the patron.
Sign in to your GIL account with your Unify credentials and search the Georgia College Library Catalog. If the book is not available at Georgia College:
- Select "University System of Georgia" from the dropdown to the right of the search box.
- Search for the desired book to see if it is available at one of the University System of Georgia libraries.
- When you've found the desired book, click "Get It" and choose "More Libraries" to see which have the book.
- Once you've selected a school, click the "Request" link.
- Select Georgia College as the pickup institution from the drop-down menu.
- Complete the form and click "Request" to complete the process. The book will be shipped to the Russell Library, and you will be notified when it is available for pickup.
To check status of your request(s), log in to your account via the Georgia College Library Catalog and click the "My Account" link at the top right corner of the page. Information regarding your GIL Express requests will be found in the "Requests" menu option under "My Account."
Reasons a GIL Express request might fail
- The title is available in the Georgia College Library
- The title does not circulate
- The title is checked out, on hold for another patron, or lost/missing
- The item requested is not a book; only books are available through GIL Express
- Patron record is blocked for overdue library materials, fines or fees.