GIL Express allows borrowing of books from any University System of Georgia library. Books ordered through GIL Express usually arrive within 3-4 business days. When materials are processed and ready for pickup, an e-mail is sent to the patron.
To access your GIL account now, please go here.
How GIL Express Works
Search the Georgia College Library Catalog. If the book is not available:
- Connect to Universal Catalog of Georgia and search title or subject.
- Choose the desired title to see if book is available at one of the University System of Georgia libraries.
- At the top of the book information page under the "Holdings" tab, choose the "Place GIL Express Request" link.
- Select home institution from the drop-down menu, supply the barcode number from the back of your Bobcat Card (begins with 20422), PIN, and last name and log into your account.
- If you don't know your PIN, you may enter your barcode number and last name and click the "Get My PIN" link. Your PIN will then be emailed to your GC email address.
- Choose the "Submit Request" button.
Reasons a GIL Express request may fail
- The title is available in the Georgia College Library
- The title does not circulate
- The title is checked out, on hold for another patron, or lost/missing
- The item requested is not a book; only books are available through GIL Express
- Patron record is blocked for overdue library materials, fines or fees.
GIL Express Tutorial
The tutorial below uses screenshots to explain how to use GIL Express. To begin the tutorial, select "Start Prezi" in the black box located at the center.
You can click the right and left arrows at the bottom of the tutorial window to navigate forward and backward through the tutorial. If needed, click the "Fullscreen" symbol in the lower right corner of the tutorial window to enlarge the presentation.