Students, Faculty/Staff & Early College
Present a Bobcat Card. Off-Campus students and faculty/staff (Georgia College programs in Macon or Warner Robins) present a Bobcat Card or a designated ID from the campus where enrolled or employed.
Present an Alumni Library Card and a valid photo ID. Click here to submit an application for your Alumni Library Card online. Alumni Cards are set to expire each February, during Alumni Weekend.
Part-Time & Temporary Faculty
Present a Bobcat Card during the teaching assignment.
With authorization from the University Librarian, visiting scholars are eligible for a Visitor Card.
Present a Retired Bobcat Card. See Human Resources.
Learning in Retirement
Present a Library Patron Card and a valid photo ID. Learning in Retirement Patron cards are valid for 1 year.
Present a Library Patron Card and a valid photo ID. Library Patron Cards are issued when a yearly donation of $50 or more is made. For more information, contact the Circulation Desk at (478) 445-4047.
Those persons currently attending the following colleges present their school ID and current Enrollment Verification Card for check out privileges.
- Central Georgia Technical College (CGTC)
- Sandersville Technical College (STC)
- Heart of Georgia Technical College
|Eligible Patrons||Item Limit||Check out Period||Renewals|
|Patron (Card)||5||28 Days||2|
|Area Technical Colleges||5||28 Days||2|
|Faculty/Staff||50||End of Current Semester||2|
|Georgia College Visitor||5||14 Days||0|
|Retired Faculty||10||End of Current Semester||1|
|Early College Students||2||14 Days||1|
To Renew Electronically:
- Log into your GIL Account.
- Choose the "Checked Out Items" option from the menu located on the right.
- Check the box next to each item to be renewed.
- Then click the Renew Items button.
To Renew in Person:
- Call the Circulation Desk at (478) 445-4047 or visit the Library.
Renewals are Not Permited When:
- A hold has been placed on an item by another patron
- A patron's status is "BLOCKED" for fines of $10 or more
- A patron's status is "BLOCKED" for overdues of the following amounts:
- Students = 5
- Faculty/Staff = 5
- Patron Card Holders = 5
- ANY overdue GIL Express item
- A patron has reached the maximum number of renewals