One cold December day in 1924 before the sun rose, a fire began and started to rage in the building known as the Main Buildiing. This conflargance presumably started in the buildings boiler room. By the time firemen arrived, it was already out of control. Because of this, concern shifted to saving the adjoining buildings of Parks and Atkinson, as well as ensuring the safty of the students living in those structures. The loss from the Main Building fire was total. Not only did the college lose a building that contained the only Auditorium on campus, but it lost all of its student and adminstrative records.